Broaden Your Applications...
Increase Your Clinical Value!
The most popular Balance System…now even better
The Biodex Balance System SD has been designed to meet the needs of everyone looking to improve balance, increase agility, develop muscle tone and treat a wide variety of pathologies. Featuring easy-to-follow “touch-screen” operation, the Balance System SD is simple to learn and operate, leading the user step-by-step through testing protocols and training modes in both static and dynamic formats. Extremely versatile, it is the only system that provides a fast, accurate Fall Risk Screening and Conditioning Program for older adults; closed-chain, weight-bearing assessment and training for lower extremity patients; and adds the objective balance assessment component to a concussion management program.
The Balance System SD also serves as a valuable training device to enhance kinesthetic abilities that may provide some degree of compensation for impaired proprioceptive reflex mechanisms following injury. Using this unique device, clinicians can assess neuromuscular control by quantifying the ability to maintain dynamic bilateral and unilateral postural stability on a static or unstable surface.
Help Secure ACO Relationships
Hospitals need to ensure that patients discharged from their care will be managed efficiently and effectively so as to minimize the potential for readmission. Facilities will be expected to demonstrate to hospitals that they are equipped and skilled to be a partner in an ACO and receive the referrals from the hospitals.
The Biodex Balance System offers technology, along with associated printed reports documenting need, progress and outcomes. This increases clinical efficiency, productivity, and helps reduce the rate of readmissions – making you an attractive partner to ACO’s.
Meeting multiple clinical needs with a single tool.
- Static and Dynamic (SD) – Offers twelve levels of platform control as well as static force setting – allows testing, training and rehabilitation programs for diverse populations.
- Balance Training – Includes proprioception and stabilization exercise, range of motion and weight shift exercises.
- Objective Documentation – Printed color reports track progress and document outcomes – ideal for insurance reimbursement.
|NEW Automated G-code Calculations and Impairment Level Reports – Increases efficiency and productivity, improves documentation of rehab effectiveness fostering continuity of care, helps with audits, efficiencies and reduces claims denial.
- NEW Enhanced Sensory Integration Balance Testing Capabilities – Ability to perform a modified version of a Balance Error Scoring System (BESS) test of postural stability, popular for concussion management. Modify existing or create custom protocols for both the CTSIB and BESS tests.
- Custom Reporting – Allows entry of unique comments to test results and assignment of CPT codes.
- Six Training Modes and Five Testing Protocols – Standardized testing for true progress assessment.
- Standardized Fall Screening and Athlete Knee Injury Screening Tests – Simple, quick and accurate. Test results are compared to age-based normative data to help identify fall candidates and athletes predisposed to knee injury.
- NEW Normative Databases – New healthy populations stored for test comparison of older adults for fall screening and student athletes for concussion management.
- Normative Data – Healthy populations stored for test comparison of older adults for fall screening and student athletes for concussion management.
- Audio Biofeedback – Used for cueing successful target hits.
- Visual Biofeedback – Prompts patients into proper postural and balance control.
- Large Display – Features 12.1" touch-screen display, powered by a Windows CE operating system.
- Multipurpose Connectivity – Allows connection to larger monitors and LCD projectors to enhance interaction for visually impaired patients.
- Adjustable Support Handles – Lock in place for safety or swing away for an unobstructed, open environment for a variety of training activities.
- Locking Surface – Ensures safe "on and off" patient movement.
- Mobility – Transport wheels allow easy relocation between clinic and community for fall screening programs and health fairs.
- USB Compatibility – Accommodates external keyboard, a mouse, printing devices for remote operation and USB memory devices for data transfer and software upgrades.
- Video and Audio Out – Bolsters connectivity options to other devices.
- NEW Patient Data Collection Software Utility (complimentary download) – Facilitates download and transfer of patient data allowing for unlimited storage capacity, reporting or exporting as a .csv file and import into Excel to run statistical analysis for normative data generation.
|Prove Need. Progress. Outcome – All test results and training sessions can be stored and printed. Comparison to normative data helps communicate need,
progress and outcome.
Fall Risk Screening and Conditioning
With the Balance System SD, Biodex includes a comprehensive Fall Risk Screening and Conditioning Program and Protocol to help the clinician begin a Fall Program. This is an excellent tool in the growing field of Fall Risk. The Biodex Fall Risk Screening & Conditioning Program includes the marketing support to assist with community outreach at senior centers and other events to build awareness and expand patient base.
The Balance System SD is part of the Balance & Mobility product series for addressing age-related diseases. Tackling the needs of the older adult requires understanding of the complex physiology of this population segment. The Balance System SD increases mobility, addresses fall risk, improves balance, develops muscle tone and increases agility. Many centers routinely balance-screen all elderly admitted for any rehabilitation because the elderly suffer degradation of balance just by convalescing in a hospital bed for a few days. Biodex works with leading rehabilitation centers around the country to increase awareness as well as provide the tools necessary to address these particular challenges.
Referral of Parkinson’s disease patients to both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation facilities typically follows a traumatic fall. The training exercises of the Balance System SD are geared to improve strength, range of motion, gait and balance. In practice, the Balance System can capture, quantify and document a patient’s relative tendency to overcompensate to one side or the other. This information can often determine a true course of treatment.
The Balance System SD is simple to use with an intuitive touch-screen display. Wellness members require minimal supervision and can progress through the various levels at their own pace. Training exercise includes static and dynamic balance activities, weight shifting, increasing limits of stability, and improving reaction time. The system produces color reports to provide motivating feedback.
A great resource for any clinic when addressing sports-related injuries and surgical rehabilitation. Help athletes perform better by demonstrating functional deficits. The Biodex Balance System documents weakness and challenges patients to improve. The various test modes evaluate the athlete in a static or dynamic environment, then generates objective documentation of the results. Reports include standard deviations of target performance, the percentage of time an athlete stays in a particular quadrant and then compares performance to normative data, built into the system. This allows the objective measures of the athlete to be trained, and then easily reevaluated and assessed to quantify improvement.
Biodex Balance Assessment is used for concussion management by high schools, college and professional sports teams to unravel the mystery of concussion and to bring together best practices combining cognitive testing and a graded symptoms checklist in combination with balance assessment. The Balance System SD is an objective Balance Assessment tool that provides a performance baseline against which post-injury performance can be compared. The CTSIB identifies and tracks disturbances in balances and the three associated sensory systems.
To order, call 1-800-224-6339
||Balance System SD,
12.1" Display, 115 VAC
Includes Fall Risk Screening & Conditioining Program, Biodex Balance Assessment for Concussion Management,
printer, printer stand and CTSIB Indexed Pad.
Export models available.
• NEW eLearning Tutorials for increased product utilization.
• Marketing Support for Fall Risk Screening & Conditioning Program.
• Marketing Support for Balance Assessment for Concussion Management.
• FREE CERTIFICATION... Purchase a Biodex Balance System SD or portable BioSway and Biodex provides a registration for Concussion Health certification at no cost (a $350 value). Click here for more information.
||Step Stool, Balance System SD
ATTENTION Existing Balance System SD Customers:
Display and Software upgrade available.
Contact Biodex Customer Service for details.
Leasing Options available for US customers.
Request More Information
Conditions of Purchase